Monday, December 20, 2010

They really think I'm that dumb!

A month or so ago, one of my students broke his ankle, so he got to stay in from recess everyday. Apparently it's awesome to stay in my class during recess, because next thing you know, everyone is "sick" and needs to stay inside too. Unless there is a fun game going on or their best friend brought a cool toy from home.

So I had to start a new policy: you have to have a note from a grown-up to stay in. It was working pretty well. I could just say "where's your note" and they'd give up and get back into line.

One day, we were already 2 hours into school and just about to go out to recess. One of my girls walks up and pulls a folded 2-inch piece of paper out of her pocket. She has it to me and says, "Oh, this is from my mom. I forgot to give it to you earlier."



Gotta give her an "A" for effort...but a "B" for spelling and punctuation.

1 comment:

Bob said...

That note looks like I wrote it.

-Bob