1 day ago
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
1. Get pre-birthday mint chocolate cake the night before.
2. Your awesome roommate decorates the downstairs of the house while you're asleep.
3. Said roommate also ties balloons to your door, which make you nearly pee your pants when you open the door to the dark hallway.
4. Get to wear sweatpants and sweatshirt to school (Red Ribbon week dress-up themes).
5. Get to wear a tiara to work (just because I can!).
6. Best friend in Jersey sends you flowers at work.
7. Your students actually behave, for the most part.
8. Cake at lunch.
9. Cupcakes at the end of the day.
10. Great songs playing on iPod Random Shuffle on the way home.
11. Los Hermanos for dinner, with fancy/fruity drinks.
12. More cake.
13. Lots of birthday texts, phone calls, Facebook post, etc.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
(Sorry to those of you who already heard this story)
Last week, I was having one of those "fun" days. Had a cold, students are nuts, etc. Then one of my students decided to make my day even better. Enjoy the following conversation:
Student 1: "Miss Bramhall, do you have any kids?"
Student 2: "Are you even MARRIED?" (said with some shock and disbelief)
Student 3: "How old ARE you?!?!?"
Student 3: "You're 26 and NOT MARRIED?" (pause for look of total shock) "If your 26 and not married, you like NEVER going to get married!!!"