Saturday, February 13, 2010

First Time for Everything

I had two big firsts today. First, when I went to the bank today, I successfully used the vacuum-sucker thing. I had tried it once before, but failed miserably. This time, I did it without dropping anything on the ground and without having to ask the nice bank man for any help. Though I did manage to dump out the entire contents of the change pocket of my wallet...but luckily all that fell inside the car.

Then, tonight, the big first happened. I am a 26 year old who has never tied a cherry stem into a knot. This is mostly due to the fact that I don't really like cherries. And my last attempt (also my first attempt) was an embarrassing public display at an FHE. I always thought it would be easy since I rock at unwrapping Starbursts. :) Abby and I got dinner at Sonic tonight, which of course means giant Cherry Limeades...Mmmmm! When I got to the end of my drink, I saw the stem sticking out of the ice, mocking me. So, for the next 10 minutes, I worked that stem to death until finally...



I DID IT!!! I finally did it! And yes, I did scream like a little girl. I think it had something to do with watching the Olympics at the same time.

Yes...I know how pathetic I am...but if you don't celebrate the little things, where's the fun in life?

1 comment:

Allison Murray said...

yay! congrats! i'm glad you finally did it! maybe you just arne't able to perform under pressure!